Useful information and contacts
For further advice and guidance from the Group:
Call: 01234 291564
These are monitored Monday to Friday from 8.30am until 5.00pm.
Department for Education
The Department of Education (DfE) has launched a helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education.
Staff, parents and students can contact the helpline:
Call: 0800 046 8687
Foreign & Commonwealth Office
If you urgently need medical advice, contact the NHS by calling 111 or visit the NHS 111 website.
Every Mind Matters
Taking care of your mind as well as your body is really important while staying at home because of coronavirus Every Mind Matters website
Public Health England
We are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all our students and staff. If you do not feel safe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Exam/ Results Helplines
If after receiving your results you still have questions you can contact the College using LiveChat on our websites or contact the helplines below who will be able to help and advise:
General advice and guidance
Student Services for any careers information and guidance or if you are unsure of your next step:
- Bedfordshire Student Services: Email email@example.com or telephone 01234 291770
- Northamptonshire Student Services: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01536 413232.
- LiveChat via College websites will also be monitored for enquiries about your results.
- A virtual open day is being hosted by the College on results days. See the College website for more details.
- The Bedford Sixth Form A-Level Results Helpline
A-Level and AS Level students should call 01234 291291 for any additional advice after receiving results online on 13th
More information on the awarding process
You can find more resources and information about this year’s awarding process via uk/guidance/your-results-what-next
- Results, appeals, complaints and next steps
The Exam Results Helpline can provide information on appeals, complaints, or what your next steps may be once you’ve received your results: 0800 100 900 service.gov.uk Lines open from 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week. Calls are free from landlines and most mobiles.
0300 303 3344 uk/ofqual Lines open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, calls charged at your standard network rate.
- Higher education
For higher education questions, such as application and admissions, you may need to contact the relevant institution directly. UCAS can also provide information on university applications: 0371 468 0 468 com Lines open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6pm, calls charged at your standard network rate.
Mental Health Support
Make sure you speak to somebody if you are feeling anxious or struggling with your mental health. This might be a parent, carer or someone else you trust.
You can also contact
Young Minds Text YM to 85258 youngminds.org.uk
• Childline 0800 11 11 childline.org.uk
• Your GP: call and ask for an emergency appointment.
• NHS 111: they can assist in providing the mental health support you may need.